I love this month, not really sure why, but I do. I always thought, seeing as I was never born in November, I should either get married in this month, or have a child this month. So far I'm 0 for 2. Oh well, I am sure there are more babies that will make their way into our home, and who knows, maybe one of them will be born this month!
So I figure I shall share a pregnancy update with whoever it is that reads these, I know Jody and Jill do! :) So anyway, I went to see Dr Kurytnik on Halloween, and because of the lovely thing us girls get called a "physical" I knew it was indeed going to be a scary Halloween after all! It was actually rather comical at some points, but I rather not write that for all to read (in case there are more then just Jody and Jill who read these!). Anyway, so my updates on Tic Tac, and yes, that is the nickname we've given our child, basically been calling him/her that since he/she was the size of a tic tac. Clever, I know. So first, my blood pressure went back down (to I believe normal), I guess it was that relaxing trip to Prince George I had that calmed me down. I got to hear tic tac's heart beat again, we found it pretty much right away and the Dr. said it was a lot stronger sounding this time around! I was also informed I lost weight since my last visit! Wahoo!!! Funny cuz I was on vacation, eating out a lot more then normal, and its not like Ive been sick and all! Of course the 2 pounds I lost aren't really much to sing about, but I was still quite impressed with myself! And the most exciting part (for Tic tac's mommy and daddy that is) we get to have an ultrasound on Dec 2!! I am sooo excited to see my baby! Mostly because even though I am now 15 weeks pregnant, I still often wonder if it is just a dream. Hearing the heartbeat helped, but I think until I see the picture, it's not really going to sink in! So this could be the first November where I hope it goes by just as fast as October did! I want to see my baby!! Currently the little tic tac is the size of a baseball. I find myself feeling my stomach, hoping (and praying) I can feel something. Probably just for some reassurance there's a baby in me!
Anywho, that's all the news on tic tac. We... or I should say, Ted, has begun working on the nursery. He basically will play one role, which is putting the hardwood into the room, and I will be doing the rest. My theme room is going to be sheep ( I hope I haven't written about this before on the blog!). I plan on making out of wood, a bunch of words, which will form the quote "Jesus is my Shepherd, and I his little lamb. He is always beside me
wherever I am." Cute eh? My mom has already donated by giving tic tac a stuffed lamb and my friend Elaine found a cute lamb figurine at a dollar store. We're slowly getting there! The bedding I have chosen (mostly because I only have found one to chose from if I want to keep sheep the theme of the room) is at Toys R Us. Plus its 99.99 and I have a $15 off coupon. And most bedding sets are well over $100. So I think this will be my best shot.
wherever I am." Cute eh? My mom has already donated by giving tic tac a stuffed lamb and my friend Elaine found a cute lamb figurine at a dollar store. We're slowly getting there! The bedding I have chosen (mostly because I only have found one to chose from if I want to keep sheep the theme of the room) is at Toys R Us. Plus its 99.99 and I have a $15 off coupon. And most bedding sets are well over $100. So I think this will be my best shot. We will be looking for a area rug as well, what it will look like at this time, I don't know. Our floor is basically the same color as the crib and I would like to get a darker color wood crib too, so the rug will most likely be light. I think the walls will be somewhat like the yellow in the background here. I haven't quite decided though. At first I was planning on doing a mural on the wall, but I think I will go for a more "classic" look. And that way when we go to sell in 3 or 4 years, people won't be discouraged by the little sheepies on the wall! I can't wait to start putting my thoughts to action! I just have to remember to take before and after pictures. Already forgot to take one of the carpet... oops!!
Anyway, enough rambling for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment