We (being Nanaimo) are now on week 4 of snow!! And as I type this, the snow continues to fall. Enough already! The worst part about snow on the west coast is it is heavy, wet, messy snow and it comes and everyone is like "ooo so pretty" and then it rains, and then it snows and rains and snows and you see where I am going with this. So I am sick of it, and rightly so! :)
New Years Eve was nice, sort of went by fast, we went to this place called Amrikko's where they serve Indian food. Now I'm not a big Indian food person, and having bad heart burn I knew it wouldn't be wise for me to indulge, so Ted and I ate before hand and ordered a little something when we got there. Good thing too because it was not cheap! We would have been looking at spending 25 a plate! Not the price I want to pay for food I don't even like! :) Afterwards though we all went to our place for the count down, and because we didn't arrive until 10:30ish, midnight came in what seemed like minutes. So after ringing in the New Year, we did some arm wrestling, some people participated in what I can only refer to as head butting and then the "wild" party broke up and everyone left for home. Ted and I had an extra special treat with our inconsiderate (and dumb) neighbour boy who decided to START his loud party sometime around 2am. After Ted finally went over there to tell them "Turn it down or I'm calling the police" the smart neighbour boy apologized and tried to excuse himself by saying "I thought you guys had people over too!" Right, because a house with no lights on and no cars in front is having a live hopping party!
New Years day, for whatever reason, I was awake by 8am and so by 10am I was back in bed trying to sleep. I felt like crap the rest of the day! My parents came over for a 2 night sleep over and it was good times. We also learned our puppy is a bunny killer. We figure she has now caught 2 bunnies, ate one, and mangled the 2nd, making Ted had to finish it off. We were not impressed. So of course that means, no more off leash freedom in one of her favourite places to run. Because I know if it was just Neeko and I and she did that, there is no way I'd be able to kill the bunny. I'd probably barf first! Ahh fun times with puppy dog... aka Bunny killer. :)
Well, tomorrow is back to work (joy of all joys), and I've already marked my calendar with the up coming no school days, including my 2 week spring break! WAHOO! So really I have 3 months of work left and I am DONE!!!! And then the new job will begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment