Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gripe Session... aka AGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

AGHHHHH!!! I am so ready to have this baby and not ever have to go back to Nanaimo Christian School! Ok maybe that's a little harsh, but I am so ready to be done with work. Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy my job, I love the hours and I love the teachers. Today they learned a new side of me, and they laughed, so it was all good. But I think, actually I've always known this, I cannot work with challenged children. Or perhaps it's not even the special needs kids that I can't work with, it's this one girl in particular. And I hate to say it, but I enjoy being around the other kids, and the part of work where I am not working with this girl, I am happy and enjoying my time. So here is the issue... it started Tuesday, first day back to work. The whole day was good, until the end, when the class was put into groups. Well the group "A" is in happens to be with a girl she tends to not enjoy being around. Not because this girl is mean or anything like that, but because "A" does not like to share me and this girl enjoys talking to me and asking for my help and "A" does not like that. It ended with me sending "A" to the class and her being mad and ARGH! So I talked to her mom about it who told "A" she needs to "share" me. Well today in math "A" brings a little note pad to school, the same type of note pad Ive been telling "P" she is not allowed to use for math. "A" has been there each time I've told "P" she can't have it. So what does "A" bring to math today? A note pad. So I take it away (Including the one "P" keeps bringing). This of course upsets "A" and of course messes up any chances I have of trying to teach "A" any math. And then because she is mad she taps her pencil or kicks her feet or does anything that she knows bothers me! We were doing SIMPLE math, and I think this is where the special needs part gets to me. I was never good at math, I'll be the first to admit it, and so now that I know basic math I try to think of how I can help these kids out. "A" is working on subtraction... SIMPLE subtraction... easy stuff as 7-0= and she will not get the answer. I try to show her by visual, she wont look at me. I get so frustrated I need to walk away. I don't know how else to explain it. And don't get me started on "borrowing" from the neighbouring numbers. AGH!! So anyway, I finally send her to class as the time is up and "A" writes her mom a note. I ended up finding the note and reading it as it will help me understand better what is going through her head as she does have a hard time explaining what is going on. So here is the note...
"I am fine, and it makes me sad... I cant wait until school starts because of Mrs Norton. Usually she doesnt like to go to school just because of me and I always look for her and she looks no where. And she usually complains about wanting it to snow so it will be a snow day. I just needed to get that out."
Like where does she get these ideas... now yes I did say I can't wait for this baby to come, but it's because I can't deal with this little preteen drama that is happening inside her head. It's the little things that drive me bananas.. like every day without fail before lunch she asks "what are you doing?" "What do you have for lunch?" After lunch "Did you have a good lunch? What did you have for lunch? Was it good?" Now this shouldnt bother me, but it does, it really does. This isn't the first time "A" has written notes about me not liking her and that she prays every night to be a good girl so I would like her. Honestly, as frustrated as I get with her, I don't make it seem like I cant stand the girl. The other kids all have fun with me, "A" takes everything to heart, even the stuff thats not there!
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Thanks for "listening."

No comments: