I was just thinking of how good God has been to Ted and I in the last while, and I wanted to share what a little fish sticker can do! :)
I guess it all started when I bought the fish sticker for the car, after Ted's car accident in Victoria, I placed it on the back of the Mazda, and well life continued as normal! I was depressed there, as I read back in my journal, I rarely had anything nice to say about Sooke. I moved from Cold Lake, a place I could take or leave, but also a place where I met wonderful friends, to a place I thought I'd love, and I knew no one! For just under a year we lived there and we had no friends. We couldn't find a home church, it was depressing. In January when we received a call to move to Nanaimo, I knew deep in my heart, this was God's doing and He knew I had to get out of Sooke! So almost a year after moving to Sooke, we moved out of there and didn't look back!
On August 15, Ted and I were at a Ford dealership here in Nanaimo when a sales man came up to me and pointed at the Jesus Fish on our car. He asked which church we attended and thats when I told him we were new to Nanaimo and we were church shopping. He invited us to his church and on August 17, we got up and went to Nanaimo Missionary and Alliance Church. Larry was there and introduced us to a young couple, Andrew and Jen. I then realized I had attended Columbia Bible College a few years back, the same time Andrew had. The following Sunday we went back to the church and Jen told me about Nanaimo Christian school looking for TAs and EAs and said I should apply. As well we went out for lunch with a group of them, where we got to know Elaine and Craig. Since that day, we've become good friends with a lot of the young couples from the church, Elaine and I came to realize we know the same people back from High School, and we now attend a Bible Study with them all. As well, I applied at Nanaimo Christian, and although they didnt need me right away, they now have a place for me part time. All because of a Jesus Fish Sticker I placed on our car. God does work in mysterious and wonderful ways!
1 comment:
That is just so amazing and exciting. I love how God works and when I see it really happening in my life and others it brings a tear of happiness to my eye.
Post a Comment