Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Husband the Handyman

When we first decided to move in, we knew right from the start we'd be redoing basically the entire kitchen! We've replaced the pink floor and now have black/brown tiles in and after getting an outrageous quote for our counter tops, Ted went to work on making them himself! He did an excellent job!! And now that we have that, he is putting our back splash on. It isnt completely done just yet, but it is definitely looking awesome! His next chore will be putting the hardwood flooring in through out the upstairs of the house! This house isnt going to look anything like it did when we moved in! YAY!!

Not bad eh??
So the other thing to report on... I got a JOB!!! I will be working at Nanaimo Christian School, helping out with one of the grade 7 girls who has some learning disabilities. It will be half days to start and could lead to more hours in a day, but we'll see. I am excited about it and also quite nervous as this will be new for me! Definitely an experience, hopefully one I will learn lots from! As well, I still get to go to Prince George for two weeks!! Oh and on top of that, the Walmart Portrait Studio phoned right after wanting me in for an interview.. HA HA!!

And while Im typing, I should add... 3 months today and it's CHRISTMAS!!! And I am sooo excited! hehe Ive been listening to Christmas music, and today I ate a mandarin orange! YAY Christmas! Now I just have to wait another month and half until other people will get excited with me! Good times indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE Christmas too and am always excited far in advance. Usually just as soon as the weather starts cooling down in the early fall I start feeling all Christmasy, but unfortunately it's not quite the same here in California. Last Christmas I was running the air conditioner and the sprinkler in my yard while putting up my tree (in late November) It's just hard to get into the full spirit with the sun blazing down... but oh do I try :o)