Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Breech baby, impatience and baptism!

So today we had our ultrasound, which is soooo much cooler at 35 weeks than at 18 weeks! We saw the face and the baby sucking it's thumb! Tic Tac was even giving us a pout, probably was upset we were bugging it while trying to sleep! :) Our baby even has a little head of hair! We saw the heart beat, 139, and Tic Tac was practicing breathing... smart child! We saw the back and the little leg all cramped up in there! Now, I know it wasn't the clearest picture, and this is what makes me believe, we have a pretty cute baby! It was pretty cute all wrapped up inside of me, well, coming out (once the gunk is washed off), I bet will look even cuter! :) Oh yes, and our mini us is weighing 5lbs 14oz right now. Might have ourselves a average sized baby! Fingers crossed!
So with that said, the first thing I was told was baby's head is up, bum is down! Now I understand this, who'd want to be hanging around upside down for that long? I figure I will have a talk with Tic Tac tonight, let him/her know the plan if s/he doesn't turn on his/her own. Tomorrow we have an "emergency" doctors appointment. Dr Kurytnik will be sending us to get info on manipulating the baby to move. As I believe I said in the last update, still not sure about this, but we'll make our final decision once we've heard everything. Whatever is best for baby!
I am not at all worried about any of this, I'm quite aware of God's plans (not that I know them, just that He has them all ready for me and baby), so whatever will be, will be!

So on another topic, I went grocery shopping this afternoon, and as usual, the lines were insane! And to top it off, my line took FOREVER! I am patient though and I didn't mind, I felt so bad for the cashier who seemed to have nothing good going for her at this time! And having worked customer service before, I certainly wasnt going to be one of those rude people who makes things worse than they already are. Like the man behind me! He comes into the line by laughing at how busy it is. He starts making comments at the line slowly moves... I smile politely, all the while, not caring that I'm spending a whole precious 10 extra minutes in line. He than starts to swear, which I found odd, not the swearing, but what he said. "F*** me" Not you, or this, but me. Like what a weird thing to say! And he said it over and over and he finally talked himself out of the line, left everything and stormed away. Which I was quite thankful for as I was tired of listening to all the F bombs. When the cashier was ready for me, she asked "Did the gentleman behind you leave?" I told her "yes and he left all his food there too... but I wouldn't call him a gentleman." The lady in front of me started to laugh. Like seriously, people need to learn patience. It was not our cashiers fault the thing she was scanning was not working, it wasn't her fault the store was busy, it wasn't any of us in lines fault, so why make a huge deal over something that couldn't be helped. People just need to chill out!
So Easter is next weekend, I am so excited, in the 3 Easters Ted and I have had together, this will be the first where Ted will get to spend it with the Van Geemen family! What a treat! Though it's no where near as exciting as it used to be when we were all kids, Easter is still a lot of fun! Ted's mom phoned us up as well, asking if she could come for Easter, we told her of our plans, and invited her to come along. I think she might be scared of my family... but I guess after meeting them all at the wedding, who wouldnt be a little nervous about spending time with my family! hehehe. :)
So a while back I vented on here about Infant Baptism and some other stuff. About how I felt so singled out. Well, last week when we were in Surrey, Ted agreed to talk with my pastor about it. He did some reading on it and everything. I was very proud of Ted to take that step to learn about what I and my family believe. All I wanted was an open mind, and I got it! Though he still is unsure of what he "believes" I am thrilled that he went with me. I would still love, more than anything to have our baby baptized in the same church I was baptized in (different building same church family), made profession of faith in and was married in! I think that would be so awesome! And wearing the same baptismal outfit my brother and I wore! It would mean so much to me. I just wanted to share that as it was something that made me very happy!

No comments: