So a little update on our Breech Ball (which is so much more fun to say than Tic Tac, our little one might not have any names picked out for after birth but plenty of names for before!)... we went in the next day to see our Doctor, right at 11am, I was to start work at 10:30, so I said I'd be late. He asked us if I wanted to deliver a breech baby, and I dont know, but the thought of that sounds painful and risky! And yes, they've done it all before, but why put the baby through the stress of a delivery like that when it can be done another way. I've read to many things about breech deliveries and what can go wrong that I rather stay away from it! So after telling him no, he had us go to a gynecologist who could do the External Cephalic Version, in other words, she'd push real hard on my stomach and see if the baby would flip around. That appointment was for 2pm later that day. I was not going into work anymore!
So we went and met with this doctor who told us some stats on doing a Version and said our baby was in the best position for having this done. With only a 30% chance the baby would flip and if it did, a 1/3 of a chance the baby would flip back! She said it was really only something that people who really want a natural delivery do. And I don't care that much, I just want my baby! Plus the procedure is extremely uncomfortable for myself and poses risks to the baby! So they do it in the hospital so that just in case baby needs an emergency c-section it can be done within minutes! Does this sound like a smart move to you? Because it sure didnt to us! So we decided to go with a planned c-section! If baby turns before than we wait for labour, even if we show up on the day and they check and baby has turned, they send us back home. If this does happen and we return empty handed, on the day of labour they check to see if baby is breech, if not, continue on, if so, cut me open! So with all that said, Tic Tac Breech ball has a possible birthday, April 22! So our baby will be sharing it's birthday with cousin Claire! If all goes as planned, I'll have my April baby!! Ted and I are excited about this and have realized just how fast the day is approaching! Just over 2 weeks and we could very well be a mom and dad! I feel like I have so much to do before the baby comes and I just dont know where to start!
1 comment:
I am jumping up and down. I get to be an Auntie again!!!!! Did you know that is also our Anniversary?? Oh I am ssooooooo excited!!!!!!
Post a Comment