In about one month from now we should finally be able to "move on" and start to psych ourselves up for the journey that lays ahead of us. I wish so badly that it was the end of March so we could know. Basically (for those who do not know), we have asked for postings on the East Coast, in New Brunswick. I am pretty excited about the possibility of moving over there, being somewhere completely different, to experience a different part of our Canadian heritage. To see a new part of the country and to be able to vacation on that side of the continent. Our vacation plans will be out to New York, maybe Florida, tour the eastern states and of course the Provinces. We'll be only a 16 hour (ish) drive from Hamilton, ON where we will get to see my family hopefully once a year! There is just so much about being posted in the East that I am excited about. Of course with that excitement comes a lot of nerves as well. I am nervous about leaving my family, all my friends and my comfort zone of BC. I do worry I will be homesick, but I honestly believe the positives will out weight the negatives.
Now even though we put in for the East, there is still a chance we could end up else where. The career manager asked Ted where else he would like to go and Ted told them Comox or Chiliwack. Now Comox is somewhere I really have no desire to go to. I really want to get off the Island, I am so sick of the BC Ferries, seriously the ferries will keep me from ever moving back to the Island. The only positive thing about being in Comox would be that we'd still be close enough to Nanaimo that we could still get together with friends and I just found out that a friend from Cold Lake is being posted to Comox. Otherwise, no thank you!
Chiliwack would be a better posting, but still something I do not want. It would be great to be so close to all my family and a lot of my friends. Traveling to Prince George would be a lot easier then it is now with the ferry and of course we'd still be close enough to visit with friends in Nanaimo. And yet, I have no desire to live there right now. I do think we will end up back over here, and by "here" I mean in BC.
So we wait, because really what else can we do? So I hope the time passes by quickly enough and then slows right down so we can enjoy the last months with all our dearly treasured friends we've made over here! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment