Tomorrow we leave for Surrey, and thus begins our travels this Christmas season. And while I am pretty sure I could do the drive from Surrey to Prince George with my eyes closed, I'm sure the cold front that has hit BC will make this trip a little more adventurous then normal. Here in Nanaimo we've been getting snow since last weekend, with some nice sunny days in between snow storms, Ive actually been enjoying the white stuff. Last night so much snow fell that all schools were closed today... YAY!! Paid to work at home. And even though the last day of school (tomorrow) is something that will be fun and require no work at all on my part, a piece of me hopes the snow day continues. The original plan was as soon as I am done work at 11:20am tomorrow, I'd head home and we'd jump in the truck and off to the ferrys we'd go in hopes of catching the 12:30 ferry. But with the forecast calling for MORE snow tonight, perhaps another snow day will come in to play and the rush of the morning can be a little more relaxed. Or maybe I'll just call in "Stuck." Seeing as the plows were so busy with the highways and hills, none of the side streets were plowed. Once the chaos of the morning has come to an end, we will be on our way to my parents house for the "Van Geemen" Christmas evening with my parents and brother and his girlfriend. At that time we will watch our Families tradition "A Christmas Story." And then open some gifts... I am quite excited I still get to spend a Christmas with my family this year. And come Saturday morning we are off to Prince George, hopefully the weather stays as it is predicting.. sun sun sun! And hopefully our nice big 4x4 truck (with the quad in the back) will stay on the road! Our puppy gets to stay here with our friends, and so her first Christmas will be without us... sorry puppy!
So I hope all reading this have a Merry Christmas and (even though I should be back by then) a wonderful New Year! :)
So I hope all reading this have a Merry Christmas and (even though I should be back by then) a wonderful New Year! :)
The view from our street of Brennan Lake
Neeko loves the snow too!
No comments:
Post a Comment