Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Over due update

Wow, I would say far too much time has passed since my last blog, and though I have been meaning to update for quite some time, well life has passed me by. There always seems to be a dish to be washed, a mouth to feed, floor to sweep, diaper to be changed and everything and anything else that keeps me occupied these days. This past year has flown by! My little baby boy is growing up! He walks and even talks. He is full of energy and keeps me on my feet!
A little life update, as of the beginning of this month, Ive started three new things that will hopefully be life changing for me!
1. I joined weight watchers. I was tired of feeling fat all the time, of looking in a mirror and being disgusted. Ive tried a lot of things and never seem to have the motivation. So far this seems to be helping. I am slowly losing weight, 10 pounds so far and I am learning a little more about portion control. Though I will be honest, today I failed, too much candy and chocolate was placed in front of me and with the level of stress I am enduring, I gave in. Tomorrow is a brand new day though! My goal, besides wanting to lose around 40 - 50 pounds, is to show up at Christmas time looking a lot slimmer then I do now! Ive always wanted to "wow" people with a significant weight loss, I guess almost proving that I can do it, I do have the will power it takes to lose the weight! So here is to a healthier me! :)
2. I enrolled in a online photography course through the Vancouver Photography institute. Unfortunately because of the craziness of my life, I have barely made a mark in the reading that is expected of me. Thankfully it is a flexible course so I am not too worried just yet on getting it done. I am hoping to get a lap top soon so that I can sit where Malachi plays and read my work there. Here in the computer room, he often will come and stand by me try and push buttons and anything else to distract me. When I am finished I will have a diploma in photography! I hope to learn more about my camera and become the photographer I always dreamed of being.
3. I joined a woman's bible study through Church. It is a small group of us, and I am really enjoying it so far. I am having a hard time keeping up on the homework, but I do hope to find the time, to skip watching TV and really dive into the Word. My problem right now, reading is work, watching TV... mindless. Plus (and no I am not making excuses), I need reading glasses and until I can buy some (I have my prescription now), I rather not read too much.

Well, it is getting late, and because my beautiful little boy still sleeps like a newborn, up way too often. I better get to sleep so I can feel a little rested in the morning.

No comments: