Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 30, 2012

"The Hurt and the Healer"

It amazes me how soon we forget about our past struggles and what we've been through to get to where we are today.  I sat down on the couch to breathe for a moment and the song "The Hurt and the Healer" by MercyMe was on.  The line that caught my attention was:

 Breathe, sometimes I feel it's all that I can do.  Pain so deep that I can hardly move.  Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You, Lord take hold and pull me through.  So here I am, what's left of me, where glory meets my suffering.  I'm alive!  Even though a part of me has died, You take my heart and breathe it back to life. 

This hit me because it really wasn't that long ago that I was so broken inside and the only thing, the only ONE who kept me going was God, and during that time of pain and struggling I wanted to never forget how it felt, to feel so blessed when the pain finally ended.  And I certainly do feel blessed and I remember what a precious gift from God this pregnancy is.  It hasn't been an easy one, but it is a constant reminder to me that no matter what, Christ is holding me through it.  The song goes on to say:  

It’s the moment when humanity is overcome by majesty. When grace is ushered in for good and all our scars are understood.  When mercy takes its rightful place and all these questions fade away.  When out of the weakness we must bow and hear You say “It’s over now.”

It is over now, thank God it is over now!  We might be back in this place again, but I made it through once, I can make it again!  I can put all my trust in a God who NEVER lets go and believe with all that I am He will conquer and His will be done.  
I don't know if this baby is a boy or a girl, we don't have names picked out, but one thing I know for sure, this baby's name will reflect God's mercy on us, his love and the joy He has given us! :) 

1 comment:

Sheilla said...

I was just thinking the same thing the other day! wyatt was such a miracle and blessing to come when he did... i am so thankful for my 2 boys!